Unburied Treasure is a CD boxed set of Gentle Giant music and memorabilia from Madfish Records, a label of Snapper Music. It is a limited edition of 2000 copies and includes all 12 original albums, many discs of live recordings, a coffee table-sized book of memorabilia, and more.
- The original 12 albums released during the band's active years, including live album Playing the Fool
- Blu-ray disc with the full debut album Gentle Giant remixed by Steven Wilson in high resolution 96/24 Stereo LPCM, 96/24 5.1 surround LPCM and DTS-HD 5.1 surround. Also included are the instrumental mixes for every track.
- Two albums released after the disbanding:
- Winchester 1971 (live)
- Pinewood Rehearsal 1977 (outtakes)
- 15 official previously unreleased live albums:
- Essen 1972
- New Orleans 1972 (feat. three previously unreleased BBC recordings)
- Hollywood Bowl 1972
- Vicenza 1973
- Torino 1973
- Munster 1974
- St Gallen 1974
- Cleveland Agora 1975
- Basel 1975
- Dusseldorf 1976 Part 1
- Dusseldorf & Brussels 1976 Part 2
- Munich 1976
- Paris 1976
- Chester 1977
- Roxy 1980
- 136-page hardback coffee table book featuring the band's in-depth story as told by GG expert Alan Kinsman, as well as: rare photographs, posters, passes and unburied memorabilia from the band and fans
- Exclusive 96-page tour history book compiled by Jack Skelly, comprising set lists, memorabilia, and gig review notes, including commentary on the new live recordings
- Two replica posters of their first gig at Portsmouth Polytechnic 1970 and The Power And The Glory – voted as the most popular poster on this website
- Replica Playing The Fool booklet, which was originally given away with the first 10,000 sales of the album
- Replica Giant For A Day mask, which was included in the original 1978 album
The initial pressing of Unburied Treasure sold out by the end of 2019. These sales generated the following note "from the band's distributors" on 2019-12-19:
"Due to an unprecedented demand for ‘Unburied Treasure’, the pressing will be sold out within the week. Given the universally positive reviews and comments from customers it is clear that there are many fans who might now struggle to find a copy, or face the prospect of buying in secondary markets at hugely inflated prices. Madfish has therefore resolved, after discussions with the band, to generate a final run of one thousand copies, identical to the first pressing, including the photograph individually signed by the band members, and available at the same price. These will be available to ship in April 2020, and can be pre-ordered now. Madfish hopes that this move will please fans, and can be contacted via madfishmusic.com by any customers with queries or concerns."
Watch the band open the very first copy!